October 13, 2015—Next-Generation aWhere API Platform
Today we've released the next generation of our API platform. This is an all-new suite of APIs, designed to deliver Agriculture Intelligence to a variety of small and enterprise-sized use cases.
You can find all the new documentation in the API Reference section of the community.
The changes include:
- A new Fields method for pre-registering field locations to make referencing locations easier
- A new Plantings system for recording crop and field activity, which will make getting agronomic and model results more efficient
- New designs for Weather observations, forecasts, and Agronomic values
- Efficient and flexible Weather Norms and Agronomic Norms APIs to calculate averages over any range of years
- New data, including Current Weather
- Improved and more useful design for the Models
- An all-new and speedy batch job system that can support any number of batched API requests.
Check out the new APIs and be sure to ask any questions in the Community Q&A. All customers will need to begin switching to the new APIs, as the older ones will be deprecated in early Q1, 2016